Friday, October 5, 2007

Check Your Local Stores First


So I overheard a girl in one of my classes talking about how she flies to New York City JUST to shop at H&M because it’s 'cheap.' How ridiculous is that? Not only does H&M have an easy to navigate website, but you can make purchases and have them shipped to you. Furthermore, H&M is becoming increasingly more expensive with each passing year.

Don’t get me wrong, I always make time for H&M when I find myself in the city however I’m not one to make a quick trip thousands of miles away JUST to hit up H&M. Forever 21, which is located in Town Center carries almost the same items as H&M and it’s always at least $5 cheaper. Take this plaid skirt for example (link), it’s perfect for a Florida fall and it’s $24.50 at H&M (pictured and paired with yellow pumps and a black cardigan) this same skirt can be found at Forever 21 for $19.50 (pictured).

Bottom line, why travel thousands of miles out of your way to find an outfit that can be found at your local mall?

No comments: