Friday, October 19, 2007

Quest for Denim


Every girl should own a pair of designer jeans…. Wait, let me rephrase that, a well-fitting pair of designer jeans are essential to every wardrobe. That’s better. Because of their versatility, a fabulous pair of sleek and simple jeans can be worn for a day of shopping in conjunction with sandals, thrown on for a day of relaxing around the house or paired with some stylish pumps for a night on the town. No matter what their purpose, every woman should make it her quest to fit the most perfect pair of jeans. As long as they're not embroidered with floral prints, paints or glitter, jeans will last forever and stay in style for years. Because jeans last for ages and can stay in style for seasons, they’re among the few items that should be a splurge. Recently, while shopping in South Beach, I walked into the True Religion store on Collins Avenue. Everything in the store is expensive. In sticking with my theory that jeans should be a splurge and because True Religions have always been my ‘go to’ jean of choice in years past, I decided to take a look around. For me, they’re the perfect fitting pair of jeans and I can wear them anywhere and for any occasion. On this outing, I found these Bobby Basic Denim Drifters (pictured) and let me tell you… I’m in love with them. At $192, they weren’t the most expensive jeans in the store but were still a bit of a splurge for me. If you’re planning to shop the sales at True Religion, you won’t find many (if any at all). However, if you ever find yourself New Hope, Pennsylvania on a Tuesday or Saturday, please make your way to Rice’s Flea Market. They sell every pair of True Religion Jeans known to man. Those that sell in the True Religion store from $100 to $400 are all at Rice’s for $40 per pair!!

No comments: